WHEN SHOULD I STAGE MY HOUSE?
- Require maximum resale value
- Reduce your time on the market
- House is being viewed but there are no offers
- Especially when the house is vacant! Potential buyers fail to imagine their furnishing in the home. Statistics show a vacant home takes twice as long to sell than a furnished home.
WHEN SHOULD I CALL THE PROFESSIONAL HOME STAGER?
- Before the "FOR SALE" sign goes up
- Before the MLS photos
- Before the virtual tour
- Before the Realtor caravan
- Before your first open house, or next open house
- Before your next price reduction!
IS STAGING TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
- YES! Staging services can be considered an advertising fee *See IRS Publication 523 and these selling expenses include commissions, advertising fees, legal fees and loan charges paid by the seller.
- Staging a home for re-sale is considered an Advertising fee. There are no time limits on the Advertising Fees related to the sale for the IRS. However, it is important to note that if a property does not sell and is taken off the market; expenses for that transaction are NOT deductible in the future. Check with your accountant for full details.